HHP Ambassadors are the official student representatives of the College of Health and Human Performance. They are an outstanding group of students who are chosen to foster meaningful interactions between alumni, faculty, students and friends of the College. We look for outgoing and enthusiastic students to represent our College at recruiting, alumni and community events.
HHP Ambassadors serve as the “face” of the College and represent HHP at various events:
- Freshman Preview
- New Student Convocation
- HHP Tailgates during football season
- HHP Internship & Fair
- Florida Days (5) recruitment events
- UF Majors and Minors Fair
- HHP Spring Awards
- Various other HHP events (Stanley Lecture Series, visiting campus groups, etc.)
College of Health & Human Performance students are eligible to apply if the following conditions are met:
- Minimum 2.75 UF GPA with good academic standing in major (i.e. not on academic contract, etc.)
- Must have been enrolled in an HHP major for at least 1 semester
- Will not graduate before Summer 2018 (unless a returning ambassador)
Interested students should complete the Ambassadors Application and submit a current resume by 4:00pm on Thursday, March 2, 2017. Completed application packets can be dropped off in FLG 200 Dean’s office suite or emailed directly to Sarah Eberhart (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Preference will be given to students who are available to work Freshman Preview sessions (minimum of 3 dates) in summer 2017.
Ambassadors Application and resume are due by 4:00pm on Thursday, March 2, 2017. Interviews will be held during the weeks of March 20th and March 27th. Students will be notified of selection by April 5, 2017. Students selected for the ambassador’s program must attend a mandatory 2-hour training session to be held in mid-April (date/time TBA).
If selected, 2017-18 Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Attend a mandatory 2-hour training session in mid-April (date/time TBA).
- Work a minimum of 3 preview dates during the summer term (May-July). Preview commitment includes co-presenting (with college advisors) during the HHP college sessions on day 1 of freshman preview.
- Work a minimum of 4 events per fall/spring semester (including a minimum of 2 tailgates)
- Be able to work various functions on football weekends (HHP Tailgates). These events may occur before and/or after the football games.
- Be able to work at select HHP events in the evenings (Spring Awards, HHP tailgates)
- Remain in good standing with the University of Florida and the College of Health and Human Performance
For more information or questions about the ambassadors program, please contact Sarah Eberhart at email@example.com.