HHP Ambassadors are the official student representatives of the College of Health and Human Performance. They are an outstanding group of students who are chosen to foster meaningful interactions between alumni, faculty, current/prospective students and friends of the College. We are looking for passionate and dedicated HHP students to represent our college at recruiting, alumni and UF community events.
Ambassadors serve as the “face” of the College and work closely with college faculty, staff and prospective students. They serve in a variety of capacities including but not limited to: serving as co-presenters to current/prospective students and families, tabling at fairs, assisting with college event set-up, and networking with college faculty, alumni/donors and potential employers/community partners. Ambassadors often represent the college at the following events:
- Freshman Preview
- New Student Convocation
- HHP Football Tailgates
- HHP Internship & Fair
- Florida Days recruitment events
- UF Majors and Minors Fair
- HHP Spring Awards
- Various other HHP events (Stanley Lecture Series, visiting campus groups, etc.)
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
College of Health & Human Performance students are eligible to apply if the following conditions are met:
- Minimum 3.0 UF GPA with good academic standing in major (i.e. not on academic contract, on track for major, etc.)
- Must have been enrolled in an HHP major for at least 1 semester
- Will not graduate before Fall 2018
Interested students should complete the Ambassadors Application and submit a current resume by 4:00pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Completed application packets can be dropped off in FLG 200 Dean’s office suite or emailed directly to Sarah Eberhart (email@example.com).
Note: Preference will be given to students who are available to work Freshman Preview sessions (minimum of 3 dates) in summer 2018.
Ambassadors Application and resumes are due by 4:00pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Interviews will be held during the weeks of March 19th and March 26th. Students will be notified of selection by April 6, 2018. Students selected for the ambassador’s program must attend a mandatory 2-hour training session to be held in mid-April (date/time TBA).
If selected, 2018-19 Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Attend a mandatory 2-hour training session in mid-April (date/time TBA).
- Work a minimum of 3 preview dates during the summer term (May-July) unless otherwise indicated no summer availability. Preview commitment includes co-presenting (with college advisors) during the HHP college sessions on day 1 of freshman preview.
- Work a minimum of 3 events per fall/spring semester (including a minimum of 1 tailgates)
- Most events take place during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm) however some events may occur on evenings (Spring Awards) or Saturdays (HHP football tailgates).
- Remain in good academic standing with the University of Florida and the College of Health and Human Performance
For more information or questions about the ambassadors program, please contact Sarah Eberhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.