Applications open January 19, 2022!
HHP Ambassadors are the official student representatives of the College of Health and Human Performance. They are an outstanding group of students who are chosen to foster meaningful interactions between alumni, faculty, current/prospective students and friends of the College. We are looking for passionate and dedicated HHP students to represent our college at recruiting, alumni and UF community events.
Ambassadors serve as the “face” of the College and work closely with college faculty, staff and prospective students. They serve in a variety of capacities including but not limited to: offering peer advising services, serving as co-presenters to prospective students and families, tabling at fairs, assisting with college event set-up/break down*, and networking with college faculty, alumni/donors and potential employers/community partners. Previously, ambassadors have represented the college at the following events:
- Freshman Preview (co-present during college sessions)
- New Student Convocation
- HHP Football Tailgates
- HHP Internship & Fair
- Florida Days recruitment events (co-present during college sessions)
- UF Majors and Minors Fair
- HHP Spring Awards
- Various other HHP events (Stanley Lecture Series, visiting campus groups, tabling/recruiting, etc.)
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
College of Health & Human Performance students are eligible to apply if the following conditions are met:
- Minimum 3.0 UF GPA with good academic standing in major
- Must have been enrolled in an HHP major for at least 1 semester
- Must not graduate before spring 2023
Interested students should complete the Ambassador application (opens January 19, 2022) by 11:59pm on Wednesday, February 16, 2022.
Interviews will be held March 14-18, 2022. Students will be notified of selection by March 25, 2022. Students selected for the ambassador’s program must attend two mandatory training sessions to be held in mid-April (date/time TBA).
If selected, 2022-2023 Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Attend two mandatory training sessions in mid-April (date/time TBA).
- Work a minimum of two events per semester.
- Most events take place during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm) however some events may occur on evenings (Spring Awards) or Saturdays (HHP tailgates).
- Remain in good academic standing with the University of Florida and the College of Health and Human Performance
For more information or questions about the ambassadors program, please contact Sarah Eberhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.