October 27, 2021
Earlier this month, the UF College of Health & Human Performance recognized postdoctoral associates for their important contributions to research.
Each of the following associates were awarded $300 to be used for professional development.
- David Arpin, Ph.D.: “Diffusion MRI detects progression in Parkinson’s disease: A placebo-controlled trial of rasagiline”
- Tyler Fettrow, Ph.D.: “Brain activity during walking in older adults: Implications for compensatory versus dysfunctional accounts”
- Ram Khattri, Ph.D.: “Unique Metabolomic Profile of Skeletal Muscle in Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia”
- Kyoungrae Kim, Ph.D.: “Skeletal myopathy in CKD: a comparison of adenine-induced nephropathy and 5/6 nephrectomy models in mice”
- Heather McGregor, Ph.D.: “Ophthalmic changes in a spaceflight analog are associated with brain functional reorganization”
- Jillian Rung, Ph.D.: “Using greenspace and nature exposure as an adjunctive treatment for opioid and substance use disorders: Preliminary evidence and potential mechanisms”
- Wei-en Wang, Ph.D.: “Cortical dynamics of movement-evoked pain in chronic low back pain”
- Bradley Wilkes, Ph.D.: “Cell-specific effects of Dyt1 knock-out on sensory processing, network-level connectivity, and motor deficits”
“On behalf of the faculty and college, we are grateful to our postdoctoral associates for advancing science and improving life through new discoveries," said James Cauraugh, Ph.D., associate dean for research and professor in applied physiology and kinesiology. "We acknowledge and thank them for their valuable contributions.”
The awards were selected by the college research committee: Evangelos Christou, Ph.D., Chair; Jalie Tucker, Ph.D.; Dan Connaughton, Ed.D.; and Jin-Won Kim, Ph.D.
Selections were made based on the quality of the submitted publication including two- and five-year impact factors, journal citation indicator and article influence.
Congratulations to our postdoctoral associates and their selected publications!
Comment / Like / Share - Connect with #UFHHP
FACEBOOK │ INSTAGRAM │ LINKEDIN │ TWITTER
Read more HHP News >