HEB Ph.D. Degree Application Requirements
Consideration of applications for the Ph.D. program begins November 1 for admission in the following Fall term — Application review begins November 1.
- Completed University of Florida online application (current UF Graduate students do not need to complete the online application; just submit application materials)
- Cover letter / statement of intent describing your areas of professional interest, areas of personal interest, and reasons for pursuing a Ph.D. degree
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members including at least one letter from a faculty member at the Master’s degree institution
- Writing Sample (One example of a single-authored work by the applicant such as a published article, conference presentation, course term paper, or other original work.)
- Submission of transcripts for all previous college coursework to University of Florida Office of Admissions (201 Criser Hall, PO Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000)
- International Students must submit an official transcript, mark sheets and diploma/degree certificate in the native language from every university or college attended to the Office of Admissions (201 Criser Hall, PO Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000). Applicants must also submit certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for all upper-division undergraduate coursework
- Minimum 3.5 GPA for all graduate coursework
- GRE verbal, quantitative, and writing scores are required and will be considered as part of the entire application. Have scores sent to UF institution code 5812.
- International Students – Required minimum score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL, or 550 on the PBT TOEFL. Have scores sent to UF institution code 5812.
- Application for Fellowship or Assistantship
Send application materials to:
Department of Health Education and Behavior
University of Florida
PO Box 118210
Gainesville, FL 32611-8210
Or email application materials to:
Graduate Program Office
We welcome campus visits by prospective Ph.D. applicants. You must submit a complete application package before your visit, and the visit must be completed by November 1 for admission in the following Fall semester. Please contact the Graduate Coordinator in advance before planning a visit to campus: at firstname.lastname@example.org