HEB Master's Degree Application Requirements
SPRING: October 1
SUMMER: February 1
FALL: April 15 (latest = August 1)
Note: The department has rolling admissions, but to ensure the highest likelihood of a timely review for a particular semester, please submit all application materials by the above deadlines. ALL application materials should be submitted to the Department. It is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible rather than waiting until the deadline.
- MS Applicant Information Sheet
- Completed University of Florida Graduate School Application and pay application fee
- Cover letter / statement of purpose describing your areas of professional interest, areas of personal interest, and reasons for pursuing a Masters Degree in Health Education and Behavior*
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae*
- Three letters of recommendation*
- (At least 2 letters must be from full faculty members who can attest to your academic ability. An exception exists for this requirement if you have been working in the profession for at least 5 years. In this instance, at least one letter must be from a faculty member and remaining letters can be from other professionals who can speak to your ability to excel in graduate school.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for all upper-division undergraduate coursework
- Official GRE scores sent to UF institution code: 5812.**
- *GRE scores will be waived through Fall 2022. GRE scores will not be required or reviewed as part of the application process for applicants through Fall 2022.
- Other GRE exemptions may be granted if you have earned a previous related graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited US institution. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Non-UF students – Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges attended to the Office of Admissions (201 Criser hall, PO Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000)
- International Students must submit an official transcript, mark sheets and diploma/degree certificate in the native language from every university or college attended to the Office of Admissions (201 Criser Hall, PO Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000). Applicants must also submit certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- International Students – Minimum required score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL, or 550 on the PBT TOEFL. (Have scores sent to UF institution code 5812.)
*These materials can be included in the online application or sent directly to the Graduate Advisor
**If you have questions about the GRE requirement as it relates to COVID-19 testing implications, please contact us at email@example.com.
Send application materials to:
Department of Health Education and Behavior
Florida Gym, Room 5
PO Box 118210
Gainesville, FL 32611
Or email application materials to: Jenny Neelands
Contact the Graduate Coordinator in advance before planning a visit to campus: Amy Mobley