The University of Florida College of Health and Human Performance is unlike most academic colleges. Research and teaching in HHP has an impact on almost every aspect of the human condition.
The college’s three centers – the Center for Digital Health and Wellness, Center for Exercise Science, and the Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute– as well as its three primary departments – Applied Physiology and Kinesiology (APK), Health Education and Behavior (HEB), and Tourism Recreation and Sport Management (TRSM) – place the college firmly in a position to influence and improve an array of societal problems and challenges.
Our scientists are performing groundbreaking research in the mysteries of addictive behavior and substance abuse. They are investigating American’s obesity epidemic from all perspectives, and inquiring how to prevent adolescents from abusing substances. Researchers are studying beneficial therapy techniques for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and cardiovascular disorders.
HHP is proud that its students graduate with the tools, knowledge and confidence to fulfill their dreams – and become remarkable assets to their communities. Our alumni choose careers as therapists, clinicians, scientists, recreation and event managers, tourism professionals and physicians. Each helps to contribute to a healthier world for tomorrow.
To be a model of excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Provide recognized programs of excellence in teaching, research and service that focus on assisting individuals, families and communities to promote health and prevent disease while enhancing quality of life across the lifespan.
College of Health and Human Performance
200 Florida Gym, Stadium Road
P.O. Box 118200
Gainesville, FL 32611-8200
Phone: (352) 392-0578
Fax: (352) 392-3186
- Established: 1946
- Enrollment: 1,565 (undergraduate); 288 (graduate)
- Faculty: 57
- Departments: 3 (Applied Physiology and Kinesiology; Health Education and Behavior; Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management)
- Research Centers: 3 (Center for Exercise Science; Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute; Florida Center for Health Promotion)
- Annual Grants and Contract Awards: $5 million
- Dean: Michael Reid, Ph.D.
- Associate Deans: Chris Janelle, Ph.D. (Academic & Student Affairs); James Cauraugh, Ph.D. (Research); Dan Connaughton, Ed.D. (Faculty Affairs)
- Department Chairs: Michael Delp, Ph.D. (APK); Thomas Clanton, Ph.D. (Interim – HEB); Michael Sagas, Ed.D. (TRSM)