The 2017 scholarship application cycle is now open. The deadline to apply for 2017 scholarships is Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The college awards over $50,000 in scholarships annually, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000. Scholarship applications are accepted during the Spring semester and funds are disbursed during the Fall semester. The Scholarship Committee will make recommendations on each merit-based scholarship based on applicant qualifications and donor-stipulated conditions. Students are eligible to apply for up to three scholarships, with a maximum of one scholarship awarded per student. Incomplete, late and/or handwritten applications will not be processed.
Important Notes about Scholarships:
- Qualifications vary by scholarship, so please review the criteria carefully before applying.
- Previous year scholarship recipients are ineligible to receive the same scholarship in back-to-back years. (For example: If you received the Allen/Holyoak/Varnes scholarship in 2016 you are NOT eligible for this scholarship in 2017.)
- Attendance at the Fall Scholarship Convocation, scheduled for September 15, 2017, is MANDATORY for all award recipients. This includes online/UFO students and students who graduate in spring or summer of 2017. Failure to attend the convocation event will result in award forfeiture.
- If a student changes his/her major outside of the College or leaves the University for any reason between the time they receive notification of the award and the financial award disbursement date, the recognition and financial award will be forfeited. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the College immediately of any change.
- Review the list of Undergraduate or Graduate scholarships available. Select up to 3 scholarships you wish to apply.
- Complete the online scholarship application and email a copy of your current resume/CV (PDF or Word format) to Sarah Eberhart (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 8, 2017 at 4:00pm. As part of the online application:
- Students can select up to 3 scholarships
- Personal statements (250 words each) are required for each scholarship selected
- Failure to submit a resume/CV will void your application.
- Incomplete or late applications will NOT be accepted. This is a STRICT deadline and applications/resumes received on or after 4:01pm on Feb. 8th will NOT be considered.
- Applications are reviewed by the college scholarships committee. All award notifications will be sent via email no later than May 5, 2017.
If you have questions about the application process or eligibility requirements, please email Sarah Eberhart at email@example.com.