Transient/Distance Learning

Transfer/Correspondence-Course Credit

Transfer and/or correspondence-course credit may be allowed even if taken after the student has been admitted to the major. These courses must be approved in advance by the academic advisor. Students are discouraged from taking such courses after 60 hours. As per UF policy, no more than six credit hours of correspondence credit and/or a maximum of 60 hours of community college academic credit can apply toward a UF degree.

In general, these courses are recorded on the transcript and can be used to meet core curriculum requirements if approved by the department in advance. At least 60 credit hours at the 3000 level or higher are required in all majors. Correspondence and extension course credit is excluded from honors GPA calculation for the College of Health & Human Performance and will not be used to determine Dean’s List GPA.

Transient Students

Students wishing to complete work at another institution must submit the online HHP Transient Request form and be approved by advisor in advance of taking course. Once approved, students requesting transient work at a 2- or 4-year public state college or university must also complete the online transient request via Florida Shines.

Upper division coursework taken as a transient student is discouraged, and as such, approvals will be at the discretion of the department.

Important reminder: When the grade(s) you earned are posted, order your final transcript and have it sent to the University of Florida.