The BS/MS combined degree program allows qualified students to earn both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management with 9 credits of graduate coursework counting towards both degrees. This program allows students to complete both degrees within a five-year time period instead of the usual six years.
Interested students should meet with a TRSM academic advisor early in their undergraduate career to determine eligibility.
Combined Degree Program Course List
BS/MS students will take the following 3 graduate courses during the final two years of their undergraduate program:
- LEI6513 Administrative Theories of Recreation and Leisure (substituted for LEI4540)
- HLP6535 Research Methods (substituted for LEI4880)
- LEI or HFT Graduate Elective (substituted for TRSM Department Elective)
Undergraduate Admission Criteria
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Complete the following courses with a B or better on the first attempt:
- LEI3301 Principles of Travel and Tourism
- LEI3360 Hospitality Management
- HFT2750 Event Management
- LEI2181 Leisure Contemporary Society
- GRE scores are required as part of the application
- Meet with an to ensure eligibility
- Submit the TRM/TOU Combined Degree Application before the start of your junior year
Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Graduate Admission Criteria
TERM/TOU Combined Degree Program Important Facts
- Admission to the TOU MS program after graduation is not automatic. Students must apply and be admitted to the Graduate School.
- Graduation from your undergraduate program is separate from the MS program.
- Graduate-level tuition is more expensive than undergraduate tuition rates (visit the Bursar’s Office for more information).
- The combined degree program expedites the MS degree program and may save students the cost of three courses.